Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Magical World of New Beginnings

Hi! Kumusta!

Well....I'm back...and I have been for 4 months now, it just took me this long to get back to blogging....but I feel like it's an important thing to do. It is nice to have an outlet to write as I try to figure out my life now. So biggest things that have happened in my life...

1. I served a full time mission in the Philippines Baguio Mission. This was seriously the best 18 months of my life. I am sure I will write more about it here...or start a new blog about mission memories...I haven't decided yet.

2. I speak Tagalog! Dream come true, I have always wanted to be bilingual, but after 3 years of Spanish class and nothing to show for it I thought it was hopeless. Plus, Tagalog has to be the best language there is! I love it so much, speaking it brings me so much happiness it is hard to describe.

3. I started school again at Utah State! Hooray! It was hard jumping right into school about 8 days after being home, but it was good too. It has kept be busy, which is one of the hardest things for returned missionaries (at least in my opinion). That week between coming home and going to school I literally had no idea what to do with myself. To go from having fully planned days, with back-up plans, to being told you have nothing you need to do in a day can literally drive you crazy. So going to school quickly has been a blessing.

4. I got accepted into the SPED program...but then turned it down because I changed my major. I am now a studying Math Education with a teaching minor in Psychology. And though I  am nervous for the difficulty of the classes, I am feel peace about it. And that my friends is one of the biggest blessing we can have, Peace of Mind.

5. I have almost survived my first semester back as this coming week is finals week.....but that means after that is Christmas Break!!! So I might be able to finally unpack my suitcases...haha...

I think those are probably the most important developments in my life at the moment....nothing too crazy, but you know. Life is good. In fact...sometimes...it's even magical!


No comments:

Post a Comment